The Wiki Encyclopedia Of CityReaching
It is interesting to see how the Lord is working to bring His Church together in various parts of the Chicago metro area:
- ILLINOIS Christian.com -- connecting site for Illinois Christians.
- Fox Valley (Aurora, Tri-CIties, Elgin, Valley North) are banding together for "Let's Go!" as part of Loving Our Communities to Christ
- Lake County is coming together as never before as Catalyst
- The Alpha Invitation is running in Lake County (see below)
- Young Adult Alpha Course starting Sept 25, 7-9PM @ Austin's Saloon in Libertyville. Seven young adult ministeries are working together to be a part of this exciting course aimed at reaching the "lost" young adults in Lake County. For more information please contact: Eric Lerew email@example.com
- Bless Your Block endeavors to motivate city congregations to get out of their seats into the streets.
- 1chicago.net The seeds of a city-wide starting point for Christians in Chicago. For now, the emphasis is on youth ministries, and there is a lik to a somewhat dated calendar. If you are interested in helping, please contact JP Paulus at jp(at)1chicago.net
- Urban Youth Network Urban Youth Workers -- this is the place to connect. E-mail Brian Dye of Vision Nehemiah for the latest updates.
- Exodus 20:13 A coalition of churches in the city, focusing on stopping the violence, especially murders.
- Vision 360 Network
- Reload Chicago - part of the "Road" 1 day training conferences for urban youth workers. Sponsored nationally by the Urban Youth Workers Institute. Chicago's Reload is Saturday, April 5, 2008, at North Park University.
- (From Neil: Hopefully we can find some good CCDA-related links here in Chicagoland, since it was founded in Chicago in the Lawndale area. Help anyone?)
===> Check out http://www.BlessYourBlock.org for a creative strategy to get your congregation out of their seats and into the streets ...
---> Receive periodic updates on new One Great City postings: Email firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject: OGC Updates
---> Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above