Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lake Forest Pastor Reflects on the State of the Church


The Way Forward...

Mike Woodruff The following article (used with permission) is an excerpt from the Christ Church of Lake Forest Newsletter. In it, Pastor Mike Woodruff articulates the faith and bold leadership that we need to be reminded of. "Thanks" Mike for sharing what we all are experiencing and hoping for!

"...there are many reasons to be encouraged. And to the extent that I think specifically about Christ Church I could add to the list. However, when I look more broadly at our situation - and by "our" I mean the church in the northern suburbs of Chicago and beyond - I grow unsettled. There are several reasons why. Let me mention two..." [Read More]



===> Check out http://www.BlessYourBlock.org for a creative strategy to get your congregation out of their seats and into the streets ...
---> Receive periodic updates on new One Great City postings: Email phil@nppn.org / Subject: OGC Updates
---> Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above

No comments: